Kayak Hire – the boatshed, Mossy Point
hire a kayak from the boatshed, mossy point!
Meet the stingrays at Mossy Point
Bring the kids on this Family-Focused adventure!
Choose single or double kayaks
Location: tomaga river, Mossy Point
DURATION: from 1 hour
PRICE: FROM $30
Kayak Hire Includes
- Stable sit-on-top kayaks
- PFD (Life Jacket)
- Dry bag for your personal items
- Kayaking lesson
- Local knowledge
- A 10% discount on any future visit!
Features & Highlights
- Kayak the stunning Tomaga River
- Home to huge stingrays, soldier crabs birds and so much more
- Enjoy a coffee and delicious food from our famous Boatshed
- Great fun for the whole family
CHoose your own adventure – Kayak hire at the boatshed!
“We drove down the coast from Canberra in the school holidays, took our teenage boys out on kayaks and had wonderful coffee!”
The perfect itinerary!
Head down to the Boatshed for delicious Fish River Roasters coffee and a locally made treat. Meet our friendly staff who will let you know the ideal time to kayak on the stunning Tomaga River, depending on the tides and conditions.
Our staff will then kit you up with a life jacket, dry bag and your chosen kayak: double, single or three seater (third seat is for a small child, or your furry friend!). No experience is necessary – we will give you a kayaking lesson before you head off!
Slip into the turquoise water and you will feel instantly at peace. Choose to explore the mangroves, pull up and have a swim, or take a picnic and head way up river with the incoming tide for a few hours!
Make your way back with the outgoing tide, searching for stingrays as you float back to The Boatie. Our staff will be ready to welcome you back and take your gear.
Treat yourself to another coffee, tea, hot chocolate or milkshake and peruse our clothing and merchandise – all locally designed. Take home a little piece of Mossy Point!
View the Boatshed Shop here.
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothes you’re happy to get wet (activewear)
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- A warm layer, towel and change of clothes for after the tour
- Water shoes, or old sneakers
- A bottle of water
- Your family!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- All the kayaking equipment required
- A kayaking lesson
- Splash jacket
- Yummy snacks
- A digital photo album of your experience
By choosing this Ecotourism Experience you are making a conscious decision to reduce impact by promoting sustainable travel that benefits local communities, culture, and heritage and ultimately the environment.