Ningaloo, Western australia
Sea Kayak Ningaloo reef and swim with whale sharks!
We provide everything you need to sleep out in nature.
Thrilling sea kayaking and snorkeling experiences.
Finding amazing animals is a highlight on this tour.
Discover pristine National Park.
Location: Ningaloo, Wa
Duration: 7 Days
Price: from $3690
- Fully guided 5 day kayak expedition
- 4 nights in a comfortable Base Camp
- 2 nights in a resort in Exmouth
- All incredible meals
- 2 nights fine dining
- Whale Shark Discovery Tour
- Gorge walks in Cape Range NP
- Photos of your experience
- 2024, June 16 – 23
- 2024, June 23 – 29
Features & Highlights
- Kayak incredible coastline
- Breathtaking snorkeling opportunities
- The creature comforts of Base Camp
- ‘Bucket List’ wildlife encounters, like whales sharks, dugongs and turtles
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge and great cooking skills!
- Unparalleled sunsets
Join region x on their ultimate annual western australia safari!
This tour is the ultimate way to experience the best of what Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park have to offer. Based out of Exmouth, you will kayak and snorkel inside the fringing reef of Ningaloo over 5 incredible days, staying at Base Camp in comfortable safari tents. Your final 2 nights will be spent in a luxurious resort, with a day of swimming with Whale Sharks!
This Ningaloo Base Camp tour is perfect for the person wanting to have an immersive, active holiday while still escaping to a relaxing place, with some creature comforts!
If you would rather experience a more remote Ningaloo camping experience, ask us about our 6 Day Ningaloo Expedition.
Spend 5 days sea kayaking and snorkeling sections of Cape Range National Park within the sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef. We choose our kayaking routes depending on the prevailing breeze, returning by vehicle each night to our comfortable base camp.
Enjoy some downtime reading or relaxing in the white sand dunes as the sun sets, before each lively, social dinner.
On some days, we will take short bushwalks to explore the stunning gorges of Cape Range National Park, and visit the Milyering Visitor Centre.
At the end of Day 5, we’ll drop you at Mantaray’s Resort to relax and recharge for the next leg of your adventure! Tonight you have dinner on us (to the value of $70/person) at the award-winning onsite restaurant.
Our Whale Shark Cruise partners will pick you up after breakfast for a day of swimming with these gentle giants, a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Aboard the comfortable vessel you will learn about the habits of these peaceful creatures before you get the opportunity to jump in with them!
The day also includes lunch and a cruise in search of migrating humpbacks, dugong and more! Return to Mantaray’s in the afternoon to unwind and relax. On Saturday evening, enjoy a delicious dinner at Whalers Restaurant, Exmouth.
Tour ends upon check out from Mantaray’s Ningaloo Resort after breakfast on Sunday, with fond farewells and happy faces!
If you are looking to extend your stay in WA, please ask our Guides on tips of what to see and where to go.
WHAT TO BRING
- You will receive a comprehensive packing list upon booking.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Airport transfer from Exmouth airport
- All sea kayaking equipment including dry bags
- Long sleeve sun-shirt and a broad-brim hat
- Snorkeling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
- Comfortable camping equipment: tents, swags, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs
- Kitchenette with fridge, shelter and picnic tables
- Compostable toilet and solar showers
- Healthy and delicious food and drinks (BYO alcohol)
- Transport to and from Cape Range NP in air-conditioned bus
- National Park entry and camping fees
- Qualified and experienced guides
- 1 Day Whale Shark Discovery Tour
- 2 Nights Resort accommodation
- 2 restaurant dinners
- Complimentary tour photos
By choosing this Ecotourism Experience you are making a conscious decision to reduce impact by promoting sustainable travel that benefits local communities, culture, and heritage and ultimately the environment.
Please note: this tour ordinarily requires a minimum of 4 participants to run. If you wish to book with less than 4 people, please contact Region X to discuss your options. These may include a private tour, or joining another trip or activity.