‘young at heart’ Kayak program – batemans bay
EXCITING KAYAK SKILLS PROGRAM – FOR SENIORS!
Kayak Skills and games!
Join the kayaking community, upskill and have fun!
Finding amazing animals is a highlight in this program.
This is a ‘Discovery’ program for novice adult kayakers, pitched at seniors.
Location: Batemans bay
Duration: 6 x 3hrs
- A new adventure every week
- six exciting sessions
- Qualified instructors
Features & Highlights
- Perfect for beginners!
- Learn kayaking skills
- Make new friends
learn the art of kayaking and head out to explore the nsw south coast
(we know you’ve always wanted to!)
The Region X ‘Young at Heart’ Paddle Program is a guided kayak development program designed for seniors to encourage social engagement, build paddle skills and increase physical coordination.
Have you ever felt a desire to get on the water in the beautiful waterways that surround us here in the Eurobodalla?
Now is your chance, with our launch of the “Young at heart” Paddle program, Region X trip leader Garran has designed a 6 week paddle program based around encouraging participation for new paddlers and seniors.
For 2023 we have this program commencing on:
Monday 9th Oct ending Monday 13th November
This program overview below is subject to change, should be viewed as a guideline only.
- Welcome to students and introductions
- “Meet the Fleet” of colourful, comfy sit-on-top kayaks
- Introduction to equipment, basic strokes
- ‘Reading the Conditions’ Fundamentals
- Identifying dangers
- Cruisy estuary paddle
- Glass Bottom Kayak Tour, Cullendulla Nature Reserve, Batemans Bay
- Introduction to sea kayaking
- Kayak rescues (bring your wetsuit!)
- Capsize drills
- Buddy and Swimmer Rescue Scenarios
- Yaragee to Moruya River Kayak
- Half Day Sea Kayak Tour, Batemans Bay area
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothes you’re happy to get wet (activewear)
- A wetsuit is recommended
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- A warm layer and a beanie in colder months
- Water shoes, or old sneakers
- A bottle of water
- A towel for after
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- All the kayaking equipment required
- Qualified Kayak Instructors
- Splash jackets
- A Certification of Completion
- Light refreshments
- A digital photo album of your experience
What is Ecotourism? By choosing this Ecotourism Experience you are making a conscious decision to reduce impact by promoting sustainable travel that benefits local communities, culture, and heritage and ultimately the environment.