young at heart – “Remastered”
EXCITING stage 2 KAYAK SKILLS PROGRAM – extension from skills learnt in “Young at heart”
Join the kayaking community, upskill and have fun!
Finding amazing animals is a highlight in this program.
This is a ‘Discovery’ program for anyone keen on learning more kayak skills
Location: Batemans bay & surrounds
Duration: 6 weeks with an overnight kayak trip
- A new adventure every week
- six exciting sessions
- Qualified instructors
Features & Highlights
- Perfect for beginners!
- Learn kayaking skills
- Make new friends
extend your art of kayaking and head out to explore the nsw south coast
(we know you’ve always wanted to!)
The Region X ‘Young at Heart Remastered” Paddle Program is a guided kayak development program designed as a stage 2 from our “young at heart program”. On this program you will visit new places, build your skills and even undertake an overnight kayak trip!
Region X trip leader Garran has designed a new 6 week paddle program based around extending skills and seeing you sights.
This program is subject to change, and should be viewed as a guideline only.
WEEK 1 – 20th Feb 2024
- Welcome to students and introductions
- Re-Introduction to equipment, advanced strokes
- Rescue skills
- Identifying dangers
- Cruisy new paddle
WEEK 2 – 27th Feb
- Mangrove mania – location TBC
WEEK 3 – 5th MARCH
- Citizen Science week
- Marine Debris workshop
- Beach clean up using the kayaks
- Debris logging
WEEK 4 – 12th March
- Half day sea kayak tour – ocean
WEEK 5 – 19th March
- Sunset kayak tour – 530pm Batemans Bay with dinner
WEEK 6 – 26/27 March
- Overnight kayak camp – Clyde River
- Tuesday and Wednesday
course repeats on Monday April 22nd 2024
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothes you’re happy to get wet (activewear)
- A wetsuit is recommended
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- A warm layer and a beanie in colder months
- Water shoes, or old sneakers
- A bottle of water
- A towel for after
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- All the kayaking equipment required
- Qualified Kayak Instructors
- Splash jackets
- A Certification of Completion
- Light refreshments
- A digital photo album of your experience
What is Ecotourism? By choosing this Ecotourism Experience you are making a conscious decision to reduce impact by promoting sustainable travel that benefits local communities, culture, and heritage and ultimately the environment.