Antarctica 2018 – So much more than Ship Comfort
17 to 27 February 2018 – Antarctic Explorer
When you book a voyage with Aurora there are kayaking and non – kayaking options. The emphasis is on unique wildlife encounters, exploring pristine landscapes, visiting sites of historical and scientific significance. Your safety is priority, closely followed by showing you the best Antarctic experience possible!
All of our voyages are expeditionary, which means no two voyages are ever the same and there is always an element of the unexpected. Our itineraries will vary due to weather and sea conditions, as well as to take advantage of spontaneous opportunities and impromptu wildlife displays.
Please take the time to read the Itinerary attached, pre-departure information prior to departing for your voyage. anp119-trip-notes-aurora-expeditions
Prices Vary Depending on your accommodation choice aboard the Polar Pioneer, please contact Aurora below.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Region X.
Remember when you book these voyages through Region X they inlcude:
- Sea Kayak training days
- Travel together to the destination
- Sunsmart kayaking kit
- Expert kayaking advice
P 1300 001 060
- Spend time exploring the southern-most town in the world
- Visit the UNESCO declared Cape Horn Biosphere Reserve
- Enjoy a guided walk to Brass Waterfall for view of the
- Visit Puerto Williams’ Macalvi Yacht Club and enjoy time to explore the town and museum
- Absorb the birds’ eye view over the breathtaking landscape of Cordillera Darwin with its magni cent glaciers, narrow austral channels and hidden coloured lagoons.
- Explore the most accessible & wildlife-rich region of Antarctica
- Daily shore visits and Zodiac cruises o er close encounters with penguins, whales, seals and sea birds
- Visit historic research huts and working scienti c stations
- Witness amazing geological sites and ancient fossils
- Be surrounded by massive icebergs and cruise past glaciers
- Enjoy the pristine beauty and vast landscapes
- Witness the endless sunlight of the midnight sun
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife from our expert team
- Glide through narrow sheltered waterways and fiords
- Paddle amongst ice floes
- Drift quietly alongside wildlife
- Kayak and Non – Kayaker options
- Up to 12 kayakers maximum
- Kayak as often as weather permits
When you book on an Aurora / Region X Antarctic voyage, all guests receive:
- Complimentary Sea kayak training day with Region X and your travel mates based in Batemans Bay
- Complimentary “Paddlers Pack” of Sunglass Savers, UV BUFF headwear, Sunsmart Hat, waiting for you on your Sea Kayak Training Day
- Complimentary Polar Jacket – a waterproof multi-purpose jacket from Aurora Expeditions. You will receive a link via email prior to your departure to view sizing options and to order your jacket, which will be ready and waiting for you at the start of your voyage.
For a full list of voyage inclusions, more info and detailed itinerary anp119-trip-notes-aurora-expeditions
Fore more info and for booking enquiries contact Region X