18 to 31 August 2017 – Jewells of the Arctic
7 to 27 July 2018 Spitsbergen Odyssey
When you book a voyage through Region X we use Aurora Expeditions, there are kayaking and non – kayaking options. The emphasis is on unique wildlife encounters, exploring pristine landscapes, visiting sites of historical and scientific significance. Your safety is priority, when you book this tour with Region X you receive complimentary Sea Kayak Training days, equipment and our staff attend the voyage, showing you the best Antarctic experience possible!
All of our voyages are expeditionary, which means no two voyages are ever the same and there is always an element of the unexpected. Our itineraries will vary due to weather and sea conditions, as well as to take advantage of spontaneous opportunities and impromptu wildlife displays.
Please take the time to read the pre-departure information prior to departing for your voyage. Drop us a line and we can send these to you.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact your dedicated Region X Consultant.
Region X Expeditions
P 1300 001 060
- See Iceland’s unique landscape of fire and ice
- Wildlife-rich Arctic – polar bears, walrus, seals, reindeer, sea birds, musk oxen, Arctic fox and whales
- Visit historic sites including museums, whaling stations, geology and fossils
- Sail within 600 miles of the North Pole
- Visit the world’s largest National Park in North East Greenland, and the world’s largest fjord system, Scoresby Sund
- Hear the cracks of active glaciers as they create Greenland’s famous giant icebergs
- Witness the midnight sun as it creates nearly 24 hours of sunlight
- Cruise past Spitsbergen’s narrow sheltered waterways and fjords such as Kongs orden (Kings Bay) and Hornsund Fjord
Voyage Inclusions – When you book on an Aurora / Region X Arctic voyage, all guests receive:
- Complimentary Sea kayak training day with Region X and your travel mates based in Batemans Bay
- Complimentary “Paddlers Pack” of Sunglass Savers, UV BUFF headwear, Sunsmart Hat, waiting for you on your Sea Kayak Training Day
- Complimentary Polar Jacket – a waterproof multi-purpose jacket from Aurora Expeditions. You will receive a link via email prior to your departure to view sizing options and to order your jacket, which will be ready and waiting for you at the start of your voyage
Sea kayaking in the Arctic offers a truly unique perspective of this amazing polar wonderland. Exploring by kayak is an ideal way to surround yourself in the sights and sounds of the Arctic, to paddle among icebergs and brash ice, and to observe wildlife in an unobtrusive manner. Paddlers will have the option to kayak as often as possible during the voyage, weather conditions permitting, as well as have the opportunity to make shore landings
For a full list of voyage inclusions, more info and detailed itinerary Arctic Itinerary and Guide
Fore more info and for booking enquiries contact Aurora Expeditions direct below